ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Property Manager with a passion for UK real estate to join our fast paced, dynamic and friendly team.
Whilst you will be required to travel independently around the UK visiting assets, you will play an important role in our integrated team, where Property Management, Asset Management, Investment Management, Investor Reporting, Directors and Ops all work closely together.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to contribute to the success of a growing organisation.
The role is broad however key responsibilities will include overseeing the provision of common services to properties and tenants, liaising with clients, solicitors, agents & consultants and directing site based staff. This role will involve regular travel around the UK as it will be necessary to visit the assets that are being managed by Catella APAM.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of rental and other income including tenant arrears.
- Dealing with insurance renewals and claims.
- Dealing with repairs, obtaining quotes and dealing with contractors.
- Dealing with tenants applications to assign, sublet, alter and wayleave applications.
- Ensuring tenants’ compliance with lease obligations
- Preparation and management and administration of service charges and other expenditure, including setting budgets and assisting with year-end reconciliations.
- Updating property records on Propman.
- Overseeing the provision of common services to properties and tenants.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory legislation including Health and Safety and other regulations.
- Assisting in the acquisition and disposal of properties.
- Working with clients on all other matters relating to the clients’ property portfolio.
- Liaising with letting agents, solicitors and other consultants.
- Supervising, directing and maintaining up to date records for site based staff.
- Preparing and issuing management reports.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. travel, unsocial hours)
- Normal Hours of work for this role are 5 days a week 9.00 am – 6:00 pm based in the Company’s London office, site or from home as required and as part of the Company’s flexible working policy.
- Must be flexible and able to work extended hours as likely necessary on occasion.
- May be required to travel both within the United Kingdom and abroad.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years minimum experience in commercial property management.
- Ideally qualified and a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered surveyors (MRICS).
- Ability to read and understand leases.
- Previous use of Propman or other similar property management software preferable.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Competent in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Holds an Open Drivers License.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply concepts quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.