ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Property Manager with a passion for UK real estate to join our fast paced, dynamic and friendly team.
Property Management plays a key role in our business, and you will be working as part of a wider team of Facilities Managers, Asset Managers, Finance and Analysts to drive performance of the mandates.
Whilst you will be required to travel independently around the UK visiting assets, you will play an important role in our integrated team, where Property Management, Asset Management, Investment Management, Investor Reporting, Directors and Ops all work closely together.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to contribute to the success of a growing organisation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
The role is broad and will involve regular travel around the UK as it will be necessary to visit the assets that are being managed by Catella APAM. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of rental and other income including tenant arrears.
- Managing insurance renewals and claims.
- Managing repairs, obtaining quotes, and dealing with contractors.
- Assisting with tenant’s applications to assign, sublet, alter and wayleave applications.
- Ensuring tenants’ compliance with lease obligations.
- Preparing, managing and administrating service charges and other expenditure, including setting budgets and assisting with year-end reconciliations.
- The ability to challenge service charges prepared by third party property managers.
- Updating property records on Propman.
- Overseeing the provision of common services to properties and tenants.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory legislation including Health and Safety and other regulations.
- Assisting in the acquisition and disposal of properties.
- Liaising with letting agents, solicitors, and other consultants.
- Supervising, directing, and maintaining up to date records for site-based staff.
- Identifying and driving ESG initiatives within Property Management.
- Proficiency in our Property Management software and other systems and using this to drive data efficiencies.
- Working with the asset managers to drive up the NOI, through cost savings.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Ability to read and understand leases.
- Previous use of Propman or other similar property management software preferable.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Competent in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply concepts quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
Qualifications and Experience
- Passion for Real Estate
- Qualified and a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered surveyors (MRICS) preferred.
- Holds a Valid Driver’s License.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. travel, unsocial hours)
- Normal Hours of work for this role are 9.00 am – 6:00 pm based in the Company’s London or Manchester office.
- Flexible working policy including 1 day per fortnight WFH in addition to ad hoc requests.
- Must be flexible and able to work extended hours as likely necessary on occasion.
- May be required to travel both within the United Kingdom and abroad.