ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Accountant with a passion for UK real estate to join our fast paced, dynamic and friendly team.
Whilst you will be required to work with minimal supervision when necessary, you will play an important role in our integrated team, where Asset Management, Property Management, Investment Management, Investor Reporting, and Operations all work closely together.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to contribute to the success of a growing organisation and assist with enhancing process and policies.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
You will be responsible for supporting the Finance Department to provide Management Accounting services, taking and ownership of the financial process and deliverables for a number of clients, including:
Management Accounting Duties
- Prepare accurate and timely consolidated management accounts, including income statements, balance sheets and other financial information including the calculation and posting of manual journals such as accruals, prepayments, depreciation etc.
- Measure and liaise with for both internal and external clients, staff and management on reported results and performance of KPI’s.
- Identifying problem areas and presenting recommendations to clients in a clear and effective manner.
- Involvement in updating cashflows against business plan & budgets and considering variances.
- Management of the audit process, liaising with internal and external auditors as required.
- Preparation of VAT returns, CIS returns, Publications report and assistance with other compliance.
- Oversight of banking, supplier invoice payments and credit control where applicable.
Operational and Client Services Duties
- Supervising junior members of staff within client mandate team.
- Review accounting processes and procedures as required in order to ensure accurate delivery of results.
- Working closing with the Investor Reporting team in the preparation of quarterly client reporting.
- Working with the wider Catella APAM to ensure excellent client service delivery and acting as point of contact for the Accounts team when required.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Competent business user of MS Office software
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to present financial information
- Experience in a Property Management accounting package, such as Propman, preferable
- Excellent numerical skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of property industry is desirable
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislations
- 3 years' experience producing management accounts
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification or QBE